2.09.2011

Macaroni Salad

This is a basic macaroni salad.  I've never been big on macaroni salad, but as I've gotten older I've come to like it a little more.  I prefer a homemade version, like this one, that doesn't have so much mayo.  I cut this recipe in half and got about 4 servings since I'm the only one who will eat it.

Macaroni Salad

2 cups dry elbow macaroni
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup diced dill pickles
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 medium stalk celery, diced
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup cooked frozen peas and carrots (I just used uncooked peas)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 medium scallion, chopped

Cook macaroni according to directions.  Drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.

Meanwhile to make dressing, combine mayo, sour cream, pickles, onion powder; mix well.

In large mixing bowl combine macaroni, celery, pepper, peas, carrots, cheese and scallions.  Pour dressing over salad; toss lightly to coat.  Cover and chill at least 2 hours.  Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment